Call for Proposals
- Research Projects:
- Project with a PhD student for a period of maximum 4 years.
- Project with a Postdoctoral researcher for a period of maximum 2 years.
- Technology Proof of Concept with a maximum budget of CHF 200’000.
The funded projects are expected to be conducted by one of the EPFL laboratories/research groups with a focus on one of the research themes mentioned below.
- Carbon Management (CO2 capture, CO2 utilization, geological storage of CO2 etc.)
- Gas mobility (CNG, LNG, biogas, reforming NG/H2, fuel cells, etc.)
- Biogas, methanation
- Small scale CNG and LNG applications
- Energy efficiency
Selection and Award
It is expected that 3-4 Research Projects and 1-2 Technology Proof of Concept projects will be granted by this call.
A Scientific Committee, composed of two representatives of Gaznat and two from EPFL, will carry out the selection of the Projects.
The selection process has two phases:
- a first round based on the application files will be occur in July-August; the short-listed candidates selected for the second round will be informed between August 22 and 24, 2018,
- a second round, which includes interviews of the short-listed candidates, will be held at EPFL on 05.09.2018 (please save the date).
For each individual project, a separate contract will be signed between Gaznat and the EPFL laboratory involved based on an agreed framework contract. A copy of this framework contract can be obtained from the Research Office.
Further details on these research themes can be obtained from Gaznat (René Bautz, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org).
The proposal should have a title page plus a maximum of 3 pages of text (12pt Times new Roman, normal margins), in addition to a list of references, a budget table, and biography/CV of the researchers involved. The templates provided at this link should be used: https://go.epfl.ch/gaznat_call-for-proposals_2018
The proposal should be sent as a single pdf by e-mail to the Research Office (email@example.com) before July 13, 2018.
For more information, please contact the Research Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).